Monday, September 29, 2008

Where They Got Me


It's been raining for a few days. Skies finally started to break up a bit yesterday morning. But that was only for a moment. It didn't take long for clouds to recoagulate and rain to rain.

Anyway, I went in to the editing room to continue the organizational process. I work in this building:


The one there more to the left. I"m on the 11th floor.

The building is old. I don't know how old. But old.


Inside it feels and smells old. Kind of musty. Of course it's also a film lab that's been around forever. For a long time, it was the only legitimate film lab in New York City. You walk the halls and the posters are from movies like "Broadway Danny Rose" and "Raising Arizona" and so forth and so on and etc.


Next door to me is Mikaso. That's a person, not a title. Mikaso is the assistant editor on the upcoming James Ivory film, "City of Your Final Destination."


Mikaso just started on final turnover yesterday; final reels were locked two days ago. There were re-shoots and then there was a whole kerfuffle in which last Fall Anthony Hopkins sued Merchant/Ivory for $750,000 he says they owe him for said same movie. I guess that's all worked out now. But now one of the movie's investors is suing because she says she's not getting the promised producing credit blah blah blah. But down the hall Mikaso is finishing the movie. So you know, I guess it's all getting worked out.

Last evening, I took a gambol up Central Park West, back to one of my former residences, on 65th Street. It was a very nice, if not excessively humid twilight. The park was pretty. But I have to admit to having a bit of a difficult time reconnecting with the city. I'm not sure why. I know it's changed. And god knows I've changed. So maybe that's it. I think I need to get out more. More gambols are probably needed.

No comments: